Ladies and gentlemen, we are delighted to announce:
THE WORLD CULINARY ABCYou got it: this time we will virtually travel around the world and put it on the table one letter at a time.
Each letter of the alphabet is associated with a city that represents a country and the ambassador will start the festivities with a dish s/he chooses from that country's culinary tradition. During the three weeks following the opening post, anyone can publish a recipe from the same country. It's that easy.
In brief, if you'd like to participate, remember the 4W rule:
- WHEN: every three weeks we change letter and country;
- WHAT: you can publish any recipe (or more than one) from the country represented by the letter (the initial of the recipe name does not matter);
- WHERE: publish the recipe on your blog and then leave a comment on the initial post (on the ambassador's blog) containing the URL of your post;
- WHO: anyone who has a blog can participate; the more the merrier. It would be great to travel together for as many stops as possible, but, as I said above, you can choose when to participate.
Here's the calendar. Each line includes the letter, the name of the representative city, then in parentheses the name of the country and continent in which the city is located, the start and end date of our stay in the country and finally the hosting blog (ambassador).
- A - APIA (Samoa, Oceania) - October 6 through October 26, 2014 - Mangiare è un po' come viaggiare
- B - BALARAMPUR (India, Asia) - October 27 through November 16, 2014 - Cindystar
- C - CANBERRA (Australia, Oceania) - November 17 through December 7, 2014 - Cook (almost) anything
- D - DAKAR (Senegal, Africa) - December 8 through December 28, 2014 - Cafe Lynnylu
- E - EDMONTON (Canada, America) - December 29, 2014 through January 18, 2015 - Zibaldone culinario
- F - FORTALEZA (Brasil, America) - January 19 through February 8, 2015 - Torte e dintorni
- G - GUADALAJARA (Mexico, America) - February 9 through March 1, 2015 - Torta di rose
- H - HANOI (Vietnam, Asia) - March 2 through March 22, 2015 - Les madeleines di Proust
- I - CAIRO (Egypt, Africa) [In Italian, the city is called IL CAIRO] - March 23 through April 12, 2015 - Crumpets & Co.
- J - JUAN CARLOS BASE (Shetland Islands, Antarctica) - April 13 through May 3, 2015 - Briggis' home
- K - KYOTO (Japan, Asia) - May 4 through May 24, 2015 - Nato sotto il cavolo
- L - LUCERNA (Switzerland, Europe) - May 25 through June 14, 2015 - Kopiaste
- M - MINNEAPOLIS (USA, America) - June 15 through July 5, 2015 - Briciole
- N - NAIROBI (Kenya, Africa) - July 6 throuh July 26, 2015 - La cucina di qb
- O - ODESSA (Ukraine, Europe) - July 27 through August 16, 2015 - BigShade
- P - PORT MORESBY (Papua New Guinea, Oceania) - August 17 through September 6, 1015 - Kitchen in the city
- Q - QUITO (Ecuador, America) - September 7 through September 27, 2015 - Ricette di cultura
- R - RABAT (Morocco, Africa) - September 28 through October 18, 2015 - La Melagranata
- S - SUVA (Fiji, Oceania) - October 19 through November 8, 2015 - Santa Parmigiana
- T - TUNISI (Tunisia, Africa) - November 9 through November 29, 2015 - Le tenere dolcezze di Resy
- U - ULAN BATOR (Mongolia, Asia) - November 30 through December 20, 2015 - Un Uomo dal Bagno alla Cucina
- V - VOLGOGRAD (Russia, Europa) - December 21, 2015 through January 10, 2016 - Un pezzo della mia Maremma
- W - WELLINGTON (New Zealand, Oceania) - January 11 through January 31, 2016 - Gata da plar
- X - XIAN (China, Asia) - February 1 through February 21, 2016 - Un'arbanella di basilico
- Y - YEREVAN (Armenia, Europa) - February 22 through March 13, 2016 - La cucina di Cristina
- Z - ZAGABRIA (Croatia, Europa) - March 14 through April 3, 2016 - Burro e zucchero
ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission.