A dark green bumpy Haas avocado will work well with this slightly spicy smoothie. To determine if ripe, the avocado should yield to gentle pressure. Cucumber imparts a exhilarating touch to the smoothie while lemon and lime juice adds some zing. With one sip, the heat of the sweet chili sauce is evident. If you need a perk-up in your day, this will do the trick.
Spicy Avocado Smoothie
Makes 2-3 glasses
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/2 European cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup apple juice or mineral water
- 2-4 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- crushed ice cubes
- chili pepper for garnish
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh from each half and transfer to a blender or food processor. Add the cucumber, citrus juices, superfine sugar and salt.
- Process until smooth and creamy, then add the apple juice or mineral water and a little of the chili sauce. Blend to lightly mix.
- Pour the smoothie over the ice cubes. Decorate with the chili pepper and serve with stirrers and extra sweet chili sauce. Recipe adapted from 650 Cocktails and Drinks.
The black and white image of the spicy avocado smoothie is my contribution to Black and White Wednesday #145 hosted this week by the lovely Cinzia, admin for Black and White Wednesday. Going strong since July 2011, BWW is the brain child of Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook.
ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission.