Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Announcing Black and White Wednesday #41

Print Friendly and PDF

"If I could tell a story in words, I might not have to lug around a camera"
~Lewis Hine~
How appropriate the above quote is! While traveling through Cuba, everyday for two weeks, I had my heavy camera with a zoom lens around my neck constantly! I would have loved to tell the story of Cuba without the weight of the camera, but I believe my photographs told much more than I could have done with words. The excitement in the faces of the children when given pencils or lollipops, the stunning scenery, the gratitude of the adults when given vitamins for their children or even toothpaste and soap, things we take for granted.  I feel the same about photographing food or food related subjects in black and white.  Devoid of color, one notices texture in either the food or the background and also, in the varying shades of black to white. Words are not necessary-the story is there!

Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook created Black and White Wednesday-A New Culinary Event back in July of 2011 and with this event has brought aficionados of culinary photography and black and white photography together. I'm pleased to be hosting BWW #41 and look forward to your entries. There are a few simple rules to follow and you can find them on the host's line up. I will accept your entries up to midnight New York time on July 17th. In your email to lynnylu AT gmail DOT com, please put BWW in the subject line and attach a photo or photos no larger than 500 X 700, either orientation.


Farm Stand at Bethesda Farm Gardens

ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful black and white pictures! I particularly like the first one. Great texture.

Cheers,

Rosa

Susan said...

Adore the sepia still life, Lynne. Like Rosa said: great texture(s).

And if anything can get folks to try okra, your diptych gets my vote.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.