Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Montreux - Black and White Wednesday

Print Friendly and PDF
Where have I been for over a month? Traveling around Cuba for two weeks visiting schools, pharmacies and clinics without having access to the Internet or telephone kept me from keeping up with my food blog. The people of Cuba are very friendly, happy people who love to have their photos taken. Those photos will have to come later as I am now in Montreux, Switzerland with my beautiful and talented daughter who was so sweet to ask me to accompany her for a conference she was attending. I've walked nearly the entire city and hope to go on the scenic railways later on in the week, as well as cruising on the numerous boats that are a frequent site on Lake Geneva.
View From Royal Plaza Hotel
Rainbow

But you have come to my site to see black and white culinary photos! Everyday, I'm photographing my lunch and sometimes dinner depending upon the lighting situation in the restaurant. No one pays much attention to me when I pull out my iPhone-I guess the camera phones are becoming the norm now. The photos were taken with the  Hipstamatic Foodie SnapPak, a great lens/film combo perfect not only for food photography, but also for landscapes and still-life photos. Photos were converted to black and white using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.0.

 Fresh, Crusty Bread

A house Rose from La Rouvenaz, Montreux
Fish Soup with Garlic Toasts and Rouille

A very warm welcome back to Susan, creator of Black and White WednesdayWeek #28 made its debut this past Wednesday. I'm happy to be back in the groove of thinking food and food related images in monochrome.
ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

6 comments:

Victoria Challancin said...

Great photos--you were missed! I hope you'll be posting lots of pictures from Cuba soon. I hope it was a terrific experience, and I'm sure it was!

Chiara Giglio said...

lovely photos Lynne !Enjoy !

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Gorgeous shots! I'm glad you are having a great time in my country. So sad that the April weather is horrible this year...

Cheers,

Rosa

Simona said...

Nice lunch! And nice place to be.

Beth said...

Sounds like you've enjoyed two very different trips! I've visited Switzerland (and loved it) but I've never been to Cuba. What a great opportunity!

Lynne said...

Thanks, Victoria. It's good to be back blogging! Cuba photos coming soon!
Chiara, thanks-I had a great time in Montreux.
Rosa-thanks, love your country-such beauty and friendly people.
Thanks, Simona, Montreux is a lovely place to lunch.
Beth, thanks, Cuba is fabulous-so pretty with all the old Colonial architecture.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.