Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Rocky Road Fudge-Secret Recipe Club

Print Friendly and PDF

Reveal Day is here! As a member of the the Secret Recipe Club, I am bound to secrecy regarding the blog I've been assigned to choose a recipe from until a date selected by the club for my group.  For nearly a month, I've been perusing every recipe from Secrets from the Cookie Princess trying to decide among all the delicious cookies, cupcakes and candies. Colleen has been blogging about baking her goodies since 2010 after receiving rave reviews about her baking expertise from family and friends who looked forward to her sweet gifts at holidays and special occasions. I kept returning to her Perfect Fudge, a family recipe well-received by all who believe it more complicated than it actually is. Three simple ingredients-chocolate melts or chips, sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow creme! Although her fudge looked wonderful and I really didn't need to change anything,  I used miniature marshmallows and added toasted walnuts to mine to make a Rocky Road fudge. I was visiting my family for the weekend, so this fudge traveled well and was a big hit!

Perfect Rocky Road Fudge

2 cups milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted

Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly butter the foil. In a microwave proof bowl, combine chocolate chips and condensed milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir. If needed, microwave 15 seconds more to melt chocolate. Remove from microwave, add vanilla. Fold in miniature marshmallows and toasted walnuts. Spread in prepared pan and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Lift from pan, remove foil and cut into pieces. Makes about 4 dozen. 

Colleen's Perfect Fudge

2 pounds good quality chocolate candy melts
1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
7-1/2 ounces marshmallow creme

In a microwave proof bowl, add chocolate candy melts. Microwave at 40% for 2-1/2 minutes, stir. Microwave a second time at 40% power for  1-1/2 minutes. Stir again. Microwave a third time at 30%, if needed. Add condensed milk to the melted chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth.  You may need a sturdy spoon for this task. Gradually add marshmallow creme until mixture is smooth and no streaks of marshmallow creme remain.

Turn fudge out into a silicone pan or disposable aluminum pan. Smooth out and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Remove fudge from pan and cut into pieces.


iPhone Photo




ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

12 comments:

Corina said...

I love rocky road. There are so many variations too. Great choice!

Flavors of the Sun said...

This is like childhood, retro fun. Rocky Road? Yes, yes!
Great photos as well--that little touch of red. Sigh...

colleen said...

So glad you enjoyed looking at my recipes. Funny you added walnuts--that's one of the ways my mom and I used to adapt this! Thanks for the kind words and I'm happy your family enjoyed the fudge

Angie {Successful2gether} said...

Oh decadence! :) Fabulous and rich, I am sure!!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos said...

I love fudge! This one looks so easy and delicious. Can't wait to try this version!

Lisa~~ said...

Rocky road fudge sounds wonderful.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' SRC entry: Broiled Sushi.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Lisa said...

Oh boy, that looks awesome.

Daniel Saraga said...

those look dangerously good. We can't make them because I'd eat them all right away. Thanks for sharing anyway :-)

Danielle said...

Love the picture! My husband would love this!

Betsy said...

I've never made fudge before, but I have to bring a dessert to a baby shower coming up, so I think I might give this a try. I hope you'll stop by Seasonalpotluck.com this month. Its artichoke month, and I'd love if you'd link up your artichoke recipes! http://bit.ly/zRfNjo

beti said...

rocky road things remind me of my childhood, it's simply delicious and I woul love to try your fudge

Lucy said...

I love this idea - it looks like such a treat. I can never resist rocky road, despite its richness!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.