Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pear Triptych in Black and White-Black and White Wednesday

Print Friendly and PDF

While shopping for groceries in the produce section, the pears are like magnets pulling me to see their many shades of greens, browns and reds-some with all the colors. I can't resist, so I pick five different ones-some are bumpier and lumpier than others, some don't sit up without falling over and some have stems long and short. Although I love many dishes made with pears, it's photographing them that I love the most. Using my 50mm f/1.4 Canon lens, I shot many 20 images of the pears, but decided on a triptych to show off the pears in black and white. Images shot with a Canon 5D Mark 11 in RAW and JPEG. The JPEG was set to monochrome to see what the pears would look like in black and white. Although the black and white images looked pretty good straight out of the camera, I ran them through Nik Silver Efex 2.0 to add some contrast and lastly, a border before creating the triptych.

For Black and White Wednesday, created by Susan of The Well-Seasoned CookBWW took a break over the holidays, so this is the first post of the New Year. 

Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful clicks! A terrific triptych.

Happy New Year!



Simona said...

I really like what you've done with your pears! I also like pears, both as an object of observation and as food. Happy New Year!

urban muser said...

nice shot! those pears look good :)

Lucy said...

This is so pretty - it would be so inspiring on the wall in the kitchen!

Beth said...

What a lovely triptych! The pears look lovely.

Dee said...

Yummy... I love pears. They are one of my favorite fruits.

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.