Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jam Thumbprints for Us Big Guys-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
Back in April of 2008, while perusing foodie websites, I noticed there was a plethora of marshmallows from a baking group called Tuesdays with Dorie. I already had Baking From My Home to Yours, so it was an easy task to join the group. Now three years later, the book has been completed. Had I not joined the group, I would never made all the delicious cookies, cakes, pies and breads nor would I have become more proficient in my baking skills. Baking with such a great group of food bloggers has been a wonderful experience.  Thanks to Laurie, the brainchild of TWD, to Dorie Greenspan for writing the book, to Jules for managing the the website and to all the bakers I've met along the way. Baking with Julia will be the next book for the group. I have had this book for several years now and am excited about baking along again.

For this last recipe, Dorie chose Jam Thumbprints for Us Big Guys, an elegant nutty cookie filled with raspberry jam. Not only are the cookies delicious, but look like beautiful jewels surrounded by a cookie. You can find this recipe on page 164 of Baking from My Home to Yours and the peanut butter variation on In the Kitchen and On the Road with Dorie. Drop by and visit her lovely food and travel blog.


ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

24 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks Lynne for being a part of TWD. I have met so many wonderful bakers here! I always look forward to your photography each Tuesday. Thank you for sharing a great talent! Have a Happy New Year.

Flourchild said...

I have enjoyed baking with you ! It's been a great group and I will miss it!
Your cookies and the tea set are beautiful!

Cristine said...

Your cookies look great!

Kayte said...

Your cookies look great...and those holiday dishes are beautiful, just the right thing to set them off. I will look forward to baking with you again in the next round! See you in February!

slush said...

Your photos are fantastic! I am so glad you stuck around for the whole book and I am so very pleased you will continue to bake along through Baking with Julia with us. xo

Karen said...

What beautiful, elegant photos of these delicious cookies! It has been a fun group and I have enjoyed baking along with you! :)

Clivia said...

Gorgeous cookies and a lovely tea set! I can't believe we baked the whole book.

Victoria Challancin said...

Those may be the prettiest thumbprints I've ever seen! My Christmas cookies were good, but sadly, not very pretty!

Jennifer said...

Your thumbprints are gorgeous! TWD has been SO much fun!

Jules Someone said...

Those are lovely! So glad to have baked with you!

Chiara said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe Lynne! Have a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year!

Cakelaw said...

What beautiful cookies! It's been fun baking with you.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Lovely little cookies! A gorgeous tea time treat.

I love your clicks.

Best wishes for 2012!

Cheers,

Rosa

mike509 said...

I agree - these are the most delightful thumbprints - I love how you adorned them... perfect! So glad you enjoyed TWD - I sure did!

natalia said...

Ciao ! your cookies look so elegant ! Baci and Happy new year !

alvarosa said...

Every time I pass by your blog I am amazed by the great picture on top - looks so incredible nice. Thanks for your many comments!

Anne said...

What stunning photos! Your cookies look amazing and TWD has been absolutely wonderful. Thanks for baking with us!

spike. said...

Beautiful cookies! So glad you found the group!

Leslie said...

Your cookies look great on your beautiful china! It's been such fun baking with you all these years!

Peggy the Baker said...

It's been such fun to bake through this book (although I still have 18 recipes to go!). Hope you'll continue on with BWJ.

FoodEpix said...

Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

Jacque said...

Oh my, those are lovely. I'm picturing a Sunday afternoon tea with ladies in big hats when I see your pics, lol. It's been fun baking along these years. Happy new year!

Rosita Vargas said...

Galletas hermosas y exquisitas,el juego de té me encanta,abrazos hugs,hugs.

RecipeNewZ said...

I found this post though Pinterest. The photo was so beautiful that I just had to come here to read the recipe! Love it! And love your site :-).

I would like to invite you to share this post (and your other posts :-) ) on a new photo based recipe sharing site that launched in May. The idea is simple: all recipe photographs are published within minutes of submission. And, of course, the images link back to the author's site.

It's called RecipeNewZ (with Z) - http://recipenewz.com

I hope you get a chance to visit and to share some of your delicious posts with our viewers. It would be a pleasure to have you on board :-)

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.