Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

White Beans and Spinach

Print Friendly and PDF
These worn and faded notebook pages came from my husband's grandmother's recipe book given to us by an aunt whom I think had hopes of us recreating the recipe book with photos to match. A daunting task!  Some blank pages were crumbling but I was able to salvage several which I scanned and added the Voyager texture from Flypaper Textures with the idea in mind of incorporating it into my blog somehow and -maybe a cookbook? The dish shown is a recipe adapted from Heidi Swanson's newest book- Super Natural Every Day. Heidi's book is loaded with delicious recipes that are not only healthy, but easy to prepare. Being a food photographer, I have always admired the simplicity and elegance of her photographs. In fact, I was drawn to the book's cover-an antique blue and white bowl brimming with White Beans and Cabbage, the recipe I have adapted here. I have a collection of English blue and white china, but decided to go more rustic with the dish. I had spinach on hand substituting it for the cabbage in the recipe.


Recipe adapted from Heidi Swanson's  Super Natural Every Day.




ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

7 comments:

Yadsia @ShopCookMake said...

this is such a great idea and comes at the perfect time. I was just making some White bean and spinach pesto soup, needed something as a side dish. I will be making crispy potatoes following this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Victoria Challancin said...

This looks like comfort food at its best: simple ingredients that come together quickly with satisfying results. Thanks!

Mira said...

Lynne, not only I love your photos, I love your recipes too! Everything looks super delish!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I love cooked spinach -- this looks delicious! :)

Chiara said...

thanks for sharing this recipe Lynne! have a good day....

Lynne said...

Thanks, Yadsia-I'm happy this came along at the right time for you.
Thanks, Victoria-the white bean and spinach is great comfort food.
Mira, thanks, I'm pleased you like my food and photos.
Nancy, thanks, also-I could eat spinach daily
Chiara-thanks.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love the presentation of that recipe. Very pretty. A lovely dish too.

Cheers,

Rosa

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.