Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Lanhydrock House Scullery-Black and White Wednesday

Print Friendly and PDF
The scullery at Lanhydrock House in Cornwall, England, one of the several rooms dedicated to preparing food for the many generations of Robartes family. Lanhydrock House was built in the 1620's and was occupied by the same family until 1953 when it was given to the The National Trust. For Black and White Wednesday, created and hosted by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook who has one of the best blog events going in the blogger world. Image shot with a Leica d-lux5, uploaded to an iPad and edited with Snapseed.  Because we travel frequently, either in the car or on an airplane, this editing program is my go to for the times when I don't want to use my computer. Before I travel, I use a card reader to upload the photos I want to edit, then while on the road or in the air, I can access them easily.


Victoria Challancin said...

Stunning black and white photo. And what's not to love about the name Lanhydrock House Scullery?

Simona said...

Beautiful photo! My husband and I watch a lot of movies set in England and the kitchen is often featured. And thank you for the Snapseed recommendation: I just got an iPad and I will look into it.

Rhonda said...

I really miss England, it's been too long since I've visited...

Really lovely photo.

I'd also like to thank you abut the Snapseed recommendation. I was on the hunt for a good program for my iPad.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

This is a wonderful capture, Lynne. I've never been to England, but your photo allows me to dream a bit about what it would be like. :)

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving such a thoughtful comment on my blog.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So nastalgic! I loove the affect you applied.



natasha said...

I love that black and white photo
was wondering If I may get permission to use it as wall art and decoration at The Plaza Food Hall.

please email me back at

thanks so much


Gadget by The Blog Doctor.