Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie was not your traditional pumpkin-like pie. It contained no eggs, but was a chunky, fruity nutty mixture that was so delicious that there must be other ways to use this delicious filling besides being encased in a pie crust. I just wish now I had made the whole pie instead of settling for a half recipe and making mini-pies. Not having practiced enough with the the Personal Pie maker, I misjudged the thickness of the crust, so ended up with the outer edges of the crust too brown and the pie not done.  So back in they went to finish cooking. I salvaged two of the better ones to photograph, but in my house, we eat my mistakes, so topped those with ice cream. I will continue to practice with the pie maker and hope to finally succeed in turning out the pies I see in the Mini Pies Cookbook.

Thanks to Valerie of  Une Camine dans la Cuisine for choosing this recipe and  who has a beautiful version of this pie on her blog, along with the recipe. Also, visit the Tuesdays with Dorie site to view other delicious Depths of Fall Butternut Squash Pie.

Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Valerie said...

Lynn, your mini-pies turned out beautifully! (The singed edges around the crust make them even more lovely) :)

I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe! Thank you for baking along with me this week...a double crusted pie is not an easy feat!

Clivia said...

Your tarts are very cute! We enjoyed this recipe too.

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.