Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bittersweet Brownies-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

A deep, dark bittersweet fudgy brownie guaranteed to please those who take their brownies seriously. And if you are an espresso lover, you can have your coffee and your chocolate at the same time by adding instant espresso to the brownie batter. We like ours with a big scoop of creamy vanilla bean ice cream and a cup of black coffee. Thanks to Leslie of Legally Delicious for her pick this week. Jessica ofCookbook Habit chose the Alsatian Apple Tart which I have not had a chance to bake but, maybe soon.

December's Tuesdays with Dorie hosts are up on the website which will complete the Baking From My Home to Yours baking event. To me, no cookbook library is complete without including this one. All of the recipes are geared toward baking for family, friends and special occasions. My favorites list keeps growing with every recipe I prepare. Thanks to LaurieJules Someone and all the TWD bakers with a special thanks to Dorie Greenspan for writing such a fabulous baking book.

Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Tia said...

sooo dainty! ive never seen such elegant brownie presneation

Jules Someone said...

This wasn't such a success for me. Ah well. Yours look great. Love the ice cream!

Flavors of the Sun said...

Beautiful photo and lovely dishes...I'd better break out Dorie's book!

DebC said...

Oh, my.
Oh, my.
Oh, my ... my mouth is watering.
Just reading your words probably added calories to my daily intake.

Valerie said...

I came *this* close to adding espresso to my brownies, I'm glad to hear that someone actually did use it!

Your brownie look lovely all dressed up in ice cream. :D

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

First those are beautiful beautiful plates. Love them. 2nd, wonderful bittersweet recipe. 3rd, can i have a slice please!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmhhh, those must be absolutely divine.



MyFudo™ said...

I think I'd try the version that has espresso. Perfect for a coffee lover like me. Sometimes I want to take my coffee in brownie bites. Thanks for sharing such a great post!

Kim Bee said...

Oh this is so precious. The picture is stunning.

Bruce said...

Thanks for a great blog
Christmas Ice cream cake

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.