Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Salt and Pepper Cocoa Shortbreads-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

Very much a shortbread cookie, not too sweet, a little snappy from the addition of fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper. A slice and bake icebox cookie that is easily put together, rolled into logs, then refrigerated for several hours or even frozen until needed. Freshly baked cookies on demand for serving with espresso, a cup of strong tea or a glass of ice cold milk. 

Thanks to Tia of Buttercream Barbie for her pick for  this edition TWD. Check out her blog for the recipe or if you have a copy of Baking From My Home to Yours, it will be on page128.  Next Tuesday, Becky of Project Domestication has chosen Flip over Plum Cake on page 42. 


ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those cookies are beautiful and I love that addition of salt & pepper.

Cheers,

Rosa

Nicole said...

I liked these more than I expected to. I think I would add more peper next time since that adds such an interesting flavor.

Clivia said...

Your cookies look like the perfect little gift. We enjoyed these very much.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful shortbread cookies, Lynne! :)

Mira said...

nooo! I am craving it now! :) Looks so delish! Love the photo, too! :)

Tia said...

tied with twine. perfect presentation, but i always expect that from you!

Buttercreambarbie

Gloria said...

These cookies look delicious!!! gloria

Rituparna said...

Those look delicious ! My bookmarked recipes list just keep getting longer :-)

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

looking good, these shortbreads!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.