Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Chocolate Spice Quickies

Print Friendly and PDF

A gem of a cookie and so easy to make! Forget those slice and bake cookies in the grocery store, they don't come close to the flavor of homemade. The dough is a breeze to make in the food processor, but needs at least four hours in the refrigerator before slicing and baking. These can be popped in the oven and out in seven minutes great for a cookies and milk snack for the kids when they come home from school.

Jessica of My Baking Heart picked these delightful, slightly spicy chocolate cookies for this Tuesday with Dorie. You can find the recipe on her site or on page 140 of Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Next Tuesday, Anne of Anne Strawberry will feature Classic Brownies on page 88.

As always, I like to play around with my photos. With these, I shot three images, one at the correct exposure, one over-exposed and one under-exposed. I then processed them with Nik HDR Efex Pro. I haven't experimented much with food photography in HDR because sometimes you get some very unpalatable looking food, but decided to give a try for the cookie photos today.
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Cindy said...

I do love your photos Lynn, you are very talented. And a great baker too.
Have a great week.

Deborah said...

I love these because you don't have to bake them all off at the same time - makes portion control a lot easier!!

Clivia said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm always afraid to play around. My camera has a food setting but the photos look blue when I use it. I should probably get a book.

Kayte said...

Your cookies look great, and thanks for the photo information, always fun to learn new things there. My favorite part is the way you have them presented, those little jars are just so wonderfully interesting and attractive. Very nice. Thanks.

Lynne said...

Cindy-thanks, that means a lot to me.
Deborah-true, they would go in a hurry around my house.
Clivia-Thanks-it's nice to play around with the camera settings-you never know what you get, but that can be good or bad.
Kayte- thanks-the little jars I found in a thrift shop for $2.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Love the photos, Lynne - your cookies are absolutely perfect. Thanks for baking along with me this week! :)

Valerie said...

Lovely presentation (and great tips)! There's nothing more irresistible that cookies tumbling out of jars. :D

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i think those pics look pretty cool! i would love a little jar full of cookies. :)

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

nice pictures!!

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.