Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Classic Brownies-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

The very first dessert I made as a newlywed was one pot brownies. I could double even triple the recipe and it always turned out. The chocolate and butter were melted over low heat; the pot removed from the stove, then the sugar was basically dumped in which cooled the mixture for the addition of the eggs. I baked so many brownies that I had it down to a fine science! So I hoped that the classic brownies would be just as easy as my one pot ones. Not to worry, they turned out fine!

Thanks to Anne Strawberry for her Tuesdays with Dorie pick of Classic Brownies on page 88 of Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Next Tuesday,  Tia of Buttercream Barbie has chosen Salt and Pepper Shortbread on page 128.


ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

6 comments:

Anne said...

I love when recipes are straightforward and delicious. Great photo- your brownies look divine!

Flourchild said...

They look great! I can't wait to make Dories brownies again. Next time I will double the recipe!

Pamela said...

Nice picture of some delicious brownies.

Cindy said...

These were perfect as written but hubby loves frosting and he was out doing yard work--what could I do?? So I made my favorite sour cream frosting. Delish!

Saira said...

Simple and lovely ...!!!! They look beautiful :-)

TeaLady said...

Beautiful brownies. These were SO good!!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.