Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Antique Wooden Bowl with Popcorn-Black and White Wednesday

Print Friendly and PDF


All packed and ready to go away for a week in Savannah! With some time to spare, I threw a linen cloth on my dining table, poured some popcorn kernels in my favorite old wooden bowl, added a  rustic- carved wooden scoop and began to shooting handheld, my camera on the monochrome setting.  Of the six or seven shots, I chose this one to post for  Black and White Wednesday created and hosted by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook.

No special filter this time-only levels and curves adjusted in post processing.

ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

9 comments:

Paz said...

A really nice BW photo. All of a sudden, I feel like eating some popcorn.

Simona said...

Very nice! I like both the bowl and the scoop. And the photo, of course.

Kristen said...

I love the textures in this photo. It's funny how throwing things together sometimes ends up with the best pictures. This one is great.

Lynne said...

Paz-thanks
Simona, thanks, also
Kristen-I agree-some of my favorite photos are the ones that I shot on impulse.

Taste and Tell said...

Wow - I wish I could throw together something as beautiful as that!! Gorgeous!

Karen | Divine Dinner Party said...

This only goes to show that food photography doesn't always have to be colorful, planned or choreographed. Impromptu photos like this emanates simplicity and honesty :)

Lynne said...

Taste and Tell-sometimes the harder I try, the worse the photo looks. I'm happy when I can pull off a spur of the moment one. Thanks.
Karen-thanks, impulse sometimes works!

Susan said...

Beautiful wood and textures, so well captured. I agree, Lynne. Some of the best shots are on the fly. Thanks for proving it w/ this great BWW contribution!

Carl Bandry said...

Props to the good photography in capturing the subject. This is quite heart warming.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.