Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cornmeal and Fruit Loaf-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF




Nice pick from Caitlin who blogs at The Engineer Baker. A superb breakfast or tea bread redolent with fresh and dried apples its earthiness from stone ground yellow cornmeal. I added crumbled crisp bacon as mentioned in the playing around side note, decreasing the sugar to 3 tablespoons and adding coarse ground pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.  I think it would be very nice served toasted with a fried or poached egg perched atop. Your bacon, eggs and fruit all in one! Caitlin has the recipe on her blog or you can find it on page 43 of Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, so give it a try! Also, visit the TWD Blogroll see other variations.

ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

7 comments:

Flourchild said...

I love your version, Im sure it tasted great! I added apples to mine and was not sorry:) I can't wait to make this recipe in the fall.

Jeannette said...

your loaf is absolutely beautiful, as always!! such pretty presentation and i love the fleck of goodies in your loaf!! yum-o!

Nicole said...

Looks great with the bacon!

Manu said...

Wow this loaf looks delicious! I wish I could try a slice with my coffee!!! I love your blog!!

Chiara said...

Really wonderful breakfast! I love it! have a good day...

Beth said...

I'm not sure I would have chosen that recipe on my own, but you make it sound so great. (It looks good, too!)

marla said...

This loaf looks amazing!
Please join me to bake & remember lives lost in 9/11. I am hosting a link up called *Remembrance Cakes* Would love to have you. We are baking cakes, muffins, cupcakes. Anything is great! You can also share posts you have all ready published like this one. Just add the badge to show your support.
http://su.pr/2j5eSB

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.