Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Cocoa Almond Meringues

Print Friendly and PDF

After a few days in Cleveland, Ohio, attending a rained out Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago White Sox game  and then a week at Myrtle Beach soaking up the sun and revisiting old haunts from beach week trips during college summers, I was ready to make these airy, but chewy chocolate almond meringues chosen by Mike of  UglyDudeFood. The humidity is terrible here in Georgia, definitely not conducive for making meringues, but turning the AC temperature down to 70° F helped somewhat. My meringues are light-colored due to the fact that I only had a really, really scant 1/4 cup of cocoa, but that didn't seem to affect the chocolate flavor.

After cheating on the chocolate, I also cheated on the photography! My house is up for sale and it's tough for me to pull out all my photography gears and props, so I used my iPhone to take the photo. I think as long as you don't use any weird filters on food photos, you can take a fairly decent food photo. After uploading the photo from my phone to my computer, I used onOne Software Photo Frame to add the blurring to the outside of the photo.

Check out Mike's blog for the recipe and TWD for other posts on the Cocoa Almond Meringues.

Please do not use images or text without my permission.


Cindy said...

Your photo is beautiful, even with an iphone! I had a hard time photographing these. They look somewhat like meatballs! I used a cookie scoop to portion mine, I think a tablespoon would have been better. But, they were yummy and that is what counts. Have a great week!

Nicole said...

Wow, what a great photo from your iPhone! I can't get that good of picture from a regular camera. I really liked this week's recipe and look forward to making meringues again.

Lynne said...

Thanks, Cindy-your meringues definitely don't look like meatballs. They look great.
Nicole-thanks re the iPhone photo. Your meringues also look delicious. A fun dessert!

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.