Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Muffins-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF


Not being a dyed-in-the-wool chocoholic, I had my doubts about these "cupcakes" being called "muffins" and supposedly good for breakfast or as a dessert. However, once I tasted them, I changed my mind! They are lovely for breakfast-not too sweet-and perfect with jam. Black cherry as Dorie suggested would have been wonderful, but I used my last little bit on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich  not too long ago. I did, however, just make some blackberry-lime freezer jam that was just as good. 

Bridget from The Way the Cookie Crumbles chose these for her TWD pick this week and a good pick it was! Check out her blog for the recipe and some great photos of the muffins. Next week, I have the honor of hosting and will make the Cream Scones on page 27 of Baking From My Home to Yours. Hope to see you there!






ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

8 comments:

Nicole said...

These weren't too sweet, which it seems some poeple liked and some didn't. I liked these and thought they were great with jam.

Pamela said...

Very pretty!

Flourchild said...

I lOVE your picture...so cute! Im glad you enjoyed the muffins..I did and so did my kids:)

Chiara said...

They look delicious Lynne!

alvarosa said...

I was also surprised, because my enthusiasm for chocolate is also limited - but these were really good. Maybe the recipes you expect least to convince you, are always the biggest hit?

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love that recipe. Your muffins look perfect and so delicious.

Cheers,

Rosa

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i would love to see these as a special at my local cafe!

Bridget said...

I'm so glad that even a non-chocoholic loved these muffins! I, for one, love that cake stand of yours! Beautiful photo.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.