Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Date Nut Loaf-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

While waiting for the cream cheese and butter to come to room temperature, I made 6-1/2 pints Blackberry-Lime Freezer jam. That's how easy this Date Nut Loaf was-I could actually do two things at once! The loaf baked up very nicely with a that wonderful "cake baking in the oven" aroma. I had to cut into it after it had cooled a bit, but like Dorie said, the cake is better the day after when the flavors have mingled. I'm waiting for the toast slathered with cream cheese after about three days hanging around on my counter if the loaf lasts that long. Thanks to Mary of PopsiclesandSandyFeet for choosing this delicious cake for TWD.

Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Nicole said...

You always have such beautiful photographs. I'm working on that!

Blackberry lime freezer jam sounds so good!

Tia said...

that looks really delicious. i love the color.

Chiara said...

sounds good! Lovely photo! have a great weekend Lynne...

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.