Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate Mixed Dried Berry Biscotti

Print Friendly and PDF

After a much enjoyed two week vacation to Bruges,Belgium, Aix-en-Provence and Amsterdam, I'm rejuvenated and ready to begin again photographing food and posting to some of my favorite sites. I've missed the Tuesdays with Dorie baking group and happy to be back again, especially baking my all time favorite cookie---biscotti. A twice baked cookie that keeps well, stays crunchy and perfect with just about any beverage-a cold glass of milk, a strong cup of coffee, or great served as an accompaniment to a creamy scoop of any flavor ice cream. My pick would be a caramel ice cream!

The dough comes together pretty quickly, but time is needed to bake the dough twice-once shaped as a log and then the cookies are sliced and baked briefly to crisp them. Below are some step-by-step photos
Chocolate Biscotti dough shaped into 12-inch-x 3/4-inch logs.

After first bake-it's normal for the dough to crack some. Spritzing the dough with water during the cooling process aids in cutting the dough into slices, especially when there are dried fruits and nuts in the dough.
Sliced baked cookies are baked for the second time. Be sure to leave some space between the cookies so they bake evenly.

Thanks to Jacque of  daisylanecakes for her pick this week. Have a look at her blog for the recipe and also, check out the TWD site for other variations of this great little twice-baked cookie.

Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Chiara said...

thanks for sharing Lynne, it's a lovely recipe!

Medifast Coupons said...

These sure look good, nice ingredient line-up, look forward to trying my hand at your biscotti recipe, thanks.

Arfi Binsted said...

I would love to have these lovely little things with hot chocolate on winter nights! Looks so comforting.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What gorgeous biscotti! So tempting. Great flavors.



Medifast Coupons said...

I agree ... I like eating !!!!I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.