Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Double Crisp-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

Having several irons in the fire, so to speak; I almost didn't make this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie pick, but our local strawberries are plentiful and I was sure I could find rhubarb in some form. Maybe not fresh, as I don't remember anyone growing rhubarb here in Georgia, but frozen, definitely. Fresh Market, a very nice grocery store based in Greensboro, North Carolina, never disappoints me. Frozen rhubarb is so much easier to deal with than fresh, no trimming involved. The crisp came together quickly, but had to stay in the oven a bit longer due to the frozen rhubarb. 

In Dorie's sidebar, she suggests you eat this crisp the same day it is made or leave covered at room temperature for those who love a dessert for breakfast. In my house, we have eaten many desserts for breakfast, but this week I'm alone until Thursday, so will refrigerate my crisp until very cold, then freeze it until the weekend. Will let you know how it turns out after I thaw and reheat it. I did steal a little bit from the corner-delicious--a balance of the tart with the sweet.

Thanks to Sarah of teapotsandcakestands for her pick this Tuesdays with Dorie.

PS-I did sneak a taste of the crisp and it was absolutely divine!






ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

2 comments:

Tia said...

great job! im sure itll be great when u do eat it later on. i didnt do twd this week - too too busy moving jobs etc :(

Steve said...

Lynne,
Anything rhubarb is just fine with me. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get to the market to get some. Nice simple way to showcase.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.