Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cornmeal Shortbread Cookies

Print Friendly and PDF


Although I like lemon in my tea, I prefer to use the zest of an whole navel orange for these cornmeal shortbread cookies. Not quite as delicate as the traditional shortbread, the yellow cornmeal adds some rustic crunch and a slightly darker color. It is imperative that the dough be placed in a plastic bag, then rolled out to keep from sticking to the rolling pin. A not less than 2 hour stint in the refrigerator allows the butter to firm up and coalesce with the flour so it can easily be cut into squares for baking.

Thanks to Valerie of unegaminedanslacuisine for choosing this delightful cookie perfect to serve with a cup of tea.


ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

1 comment:

Becky said...

Rustic crunch indeed! I loved these. Maybe next time I'll try them with orange zest too.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.