Pages

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Coffee Ice Cream Tarts-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF



If I were having company come in, I would definitely make a full-sized coffee ice cream tart, but as it stands, it's just me and the hubby and although, I know the tart will freeze well, I just can't think of taking this tart out of the freezer three or fours times to gradually thaw and refreeze.  I made the coffee ice cream yesterday and all the while wondering how I would handle the dough and the assembly. 
The lightbulb in my head finally illuminated this morning! With the almond nut tart dough, I cut out small flat tarts, basically cookies; and after baking spread them with the finely chopped bittersweet chocolate. The coffee ice cream was another issue. The closest grocery store to me was flat out of coffee ice cream-can you believe it? Not willing to chase down the ice cream, I knew I had all the ingredients at home, plus I had made a delicious coffee ice cream a few years ago that came from David Lebovitz' book "The Perfect Scoop". 

Thanks to Jessica of domesticdeepthought for choosing the coffee ice cream tart for this Tuesdays with Dorie edition. Check out her blog for some lovely photos of this decadent and tantalizing dessert. You can also find the recipe there which comes from Dorie Greenspan's "Baking From My Home to Yours", a must have in your collection of top-rated cookbooks. 




ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful! I love how you changed it up a bit! And making your own coffee ice cream? Amazing! Thanks for baking with me!

cindy said...

I always like your changes and of course your photography is a weekly feast too.

~ Chef Louise said...

found your blog from favorite flavors... beautiful photography, i especially love your landing page...

Chef Louise

Nicole said...

Wow, your photographs are beautiful. This looks great! I ran out of time to make this but I've seen so many variations that I'm inspired to try it.

Chiara said...

lovely pictures Lynne !

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.