Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Citrus Currant Sunshine Muffins-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF

It's raining today, but these citrus currant sunshine muffins transport me to a bright sunny day in an orange grove.  The orange and lemon flavors come through loud and clear with the currants adding some substance to the muffin.  The recipe calls for orange zest along fresh orange and lemon juice. I also added the lemon zest from the juiced lemon. Thanks to Lauryn of Bella Baker for her pick of the week. She also has the recipe for these tangy delightful muffins which not only taste great fresh from the oven, but also  pretty darn good when toasted and spread with butter. If you have Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours", the recipe is on page 7. Also, give a look at the Tuesdays with Dorie blog roll to see other variations of the citrus currant sunshine muffins.




ENJOY!!!



ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

6 comments:

Tia said...

Yum, they look like a chock of golden sunshine! I kinda wish I didn't omit the dried fruit...
I made a loaf instead of muffins. Buttercreambarbie

cindy said...

I do love looking at your blog--it is a visual feast. The muffins are tasty too.

Peggy said...

Hello. Could this be my first time to visit your blog? Very nice. love your muffins. We liked these, but not my very favorite ever I guess. Hope you are having a good week.

Pamela said...

So pretty, as usual!

Nicole said...

It's been raining in the Seattle area for weeks it seems, so these were a nice little bit of sunshine!

Chiara said...

I love your muffin !have a good day...

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.