Friday, March 04, 2011

Savory Chive Cheese Bread-French Fridays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
Here is bread, which strengthens man's heart, and therefore is called the staff of Life.
Matthew Henry

I'm a breadaholic! Any time I can bake a loaf of bread, I'm there! This chive cheese bread is a quick bread chocked full of shredded cheddar cheese, chunks of pepper jack cheese, cayenne and fresh chives just popping out of the ground in my herb garden. It is a bread that works well with just about any cheese, bacon bits, dried fruit, herbs-whatever suits your fancy. I liked the idea of serving this bread in cubes with a glass of wine, but also I have toasted it and served a  grilled hamburger steak on it with great results.

This French Fridays with Dorie recipe comes from Dorie Greenspan's wonderful book, "Around My French Table" and is probably one of the best all around collection of French family recipes guaranteed to please anyone who enjoys good home cooking, French style. Hope you will check out this recipe in Dorie's book. Enjoy!

Please do not use images or text without my permission. 


Sara said...

Yum, this looks fantastic! I love the idea of serving this with a burger...yum!

Cher said...

It's ok - I am sure there is a twelve loaf program for those of us with bread addiction. Very nice!

lola said...

Nice pics! We loved this recipe.

Chiara said...

Lynne, this looks delicious! Lovely photo ! Thanks for sharing....

tricia s. said...

I smile every time I open your blog and see the header - can you tell that I adore France and coffee ??? I inherited that from Nana :) I was lucky to get this recipe done on a busy week and you even found a cool quote - great job ! So glad this was an easy week. Nana's turned out prettier with the yellow cheese but we both enjoyed our results. Great post-

Gloria said...

Your bread looks great! Seeing those cubes makes me think that this bread would make amazing croutons for a very special salad.

Beth said...

This bread looks delicious. I know I'd love it too!

Lynne said...

Sara-thanks, the bread was good with the burger!
Cher-thanks, I need to find one soon!
Lola-thanks, we loved this one, too!
tricia s-I'm so pleased you like my header. I keep thinking I need to do a refresh, but I really like it.
Gloria-great minds--the croutons would be lovely with a salad.

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.