Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Great Grain Muffins-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF


Not too earthy- these great grain muffins have a fine balance of texture from adding whole wheat flour, yellow cornmeal and oatmeal to the basic all-purpose flour muffin. Maple syrup lends a heady sweet flavor along with dried sweet cherries and chopped walnuts which combine to make these the perfect muffin to enjoy for breakfast or with coffee or hot tea for an afternoon break. Muffins are one of the simplest bake goods to prepare and in minutes you have fresh from the oven. Serve these with a chunk of cheese or butter and jam.

Thanks to Christine of happytummy for choosing this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe from Dorie Greenspan's  Baking From My Home to Yours.  You can find the recipe on her blog.Seriously, if you don't have this book, you need to buy it straight away! It's undoubtedly one of the most useful baking books for the home cook. From fancy to down home, all the recipes are well thought out so are easy to understand. I have given this book as gifts to my family and friends, so I know it's a great one!





ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

4 comments:

jill said...

I thought these were delicious! I added cranberries and pistachios, but cherries and walnuts sound delicious, too! The possibilities are endless.

Tia said...

a simplely lovely stack! yours look great! moist and yummy. nice job Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Flourchild said...

Yum love the idea of cheeries and walnuts! they look so good! I love this recipe because you can tweek it so many different ways! I added chocolate chips and flaz seed in place of the corn meal.

Leslie said...

Mmm....muffins! I didn't add walnuts but I will next time. Yours look terrific!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.