Pages

Friday, January 07, 2011

Paris Mushroom Soup-French Fridays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to keep up with the French Fridays with Dorie group who are cooking their way through Dorie Greenspan's, Around My French Table. Friday's are difficult for me to cook or post on my blog as we usually go to our Savannah house or visit one of the girls for the weekend. Yesterday, as I was waiting the the refrigerator repairman  to come fix a leak in my ice maker with a window of between 8am and 5pm, I had an opportunity to make the Paris Mushroom soup as well as this soup and a French baguette to go with my French soup.

An easy soup to make; basically, sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, a bit of white wine, some parsley and rosemary cooked briefly in a broth, then pureed. Maybe not a beautiful soup, but the flavor is incredible. Next time I make it, I probably won't puree it, but still top it with the colorful  mushroom and scallion salad. Creme fraiche with it's smooth texture adds a pleasant tangy flavor to complement the soup and the salad. 


"Around My French Table" is full of homestyle, but classic French recipes collected by Ms Greenspan over the many years living and traveling in France. A wonderful addition to any culinary library!

ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission.

6 comments:

scrambledhenfruit said...

Gorgeous photos of a delicious soup! We loved it at my house. :)

Dinners and Dreams said...

What a great soup. I happen to love mushrooms so this sounds fantastic.

Nisrine

Dinners and Dreams said...

What a great soup. I happen to love mushrooms so this sounds fantastic.

Nisrine

Chiara said...

what a wonderful soup ,is perfect in this cold winter, thanks for sharing, a hug....

Lynne said...

scrambledhenfruit-A great soup indeed-thanks.
dinneranddreams-I have never been a mushroom fan , but this soup has changed my mind.
Chiara-thanks, the soup is great for these cold winter days.

Beth said...

Mushroom soup is always great! And despite what you said, I think yours looks wonderful.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.