Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nutty, Chocolaty Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake-TWD

Print Friendly and PDF


As Dorie said, this is a classic cake! It may go in and out of style depending on what cake is popular at the moment, but for a great cake to serve at any occasion, the Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake will do the job magnificently. A fine crumbed cake with the essence of orange zest, the zing of sour cream and a lovely buttery flavor, this cake has a cinnamon sugar, crunchy walnut and sweet softness of raisins swirled through the middle of the batter. Not only is the cake delightfully delicious, it is also a good keeper and may be even better the day after it is baked. Wrapped well, it can be frozen up to 2 months. When I freeze cakes that would feed a big crowd, but there are only two of us at home, I slice the cake into serving portions and pull out what I need at the moment.

Thanks to Jennifer of Cooking for Comfort for choosing this enticing cake for this edition of Tuesdays with Dorie. You can find the recipe on her blog or from Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Now if you will excuse this short post-my coffee is brewing and my slice of Nutty, Chocolaty, Swirly Sour Cream Bundt Cake awaits!






ALL CONTENT © CAFE LYNNYLU
Please do not use images or text without my permission. 

4 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful shot, Lynne! I made minis and brought the leftovers to work. Must resist the temptation! :)

Tia said...

completely picture perfect! that slice is beautiful.

Flourchild said...

Can I come over for a Tea Party!? Your set up is perfect and the cake is lovely!

cindy said...

This cake is a delicious classic! Beautiful photo, I look forward to your photos each week.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.