Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cranberry Orange Galette

Print Friendly and PDF
Another cranberry dessert! But that's okay, because I can never make all these luscious fall desserts for my Thanksgiving dinner. Speaking of a groaning board-my table would be tipping over on the dessert side.  A French galette is an Italian crostata, a free form tart made a with traditional pie crust dough and  baked on a cookie sheet rather than in a pie pan. The tart can be flat like a pizza with sliced fruit on top or if the filling is juicy, the dough is folded over the filling.

Fresh tart cranberries, dried sweet cherries and ginger meld with orange zest with juice, brown sugar and orange marmalade to make a delectable fall dessert. I love the rustic look of this galette, perfect for showing off fresh fruits and berries.  The four family members who bake at  Celestial Confections chose Dorie Greenspan's Cranberry Lime Galette for this edition of TWD. The recipe can be found on their blog or from "Baking From My Home to Yours", a classic baking book. My copy is stained, tattered,  and most pages are scribbled with copious notes and tips, but it's my "go to" book for baking.

Enjoy,
Lynne

6 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Your book sounds like mine! :) Gorgeous galette, too - so glad you enjoyed it!

Jacque said...

It's hard to believe how many great recipes Dorie has. LOL, my copy of BFMHTY is starting to look a little ratty too... make that "well used".

Your galette looks fab!

Jeannette said...

This looks absolutely amazing!! Wonderful job. And thank goodness that all these T-Day inspired treats are being chosen because I couldn't make them all for the day of either :)

Chiara said...

This look tasty!I like it...

Beth said...

I'm not generally a fan of cranberries, but I've read some great comments about this recipe. Now I'm tempted to try it out!

Soma said...

This looks soooo very good. I am loving the warm colors and of course the orange in it! Vibrant and rustic.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.