Pages

Friday, October 01, 2010

Gougeres-French Fridays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
While I have enjoyed being part of the Tuesdays with Dorie baking group as we near the completion of baking our way through Dorie Greenspan's "Baking From My Home to Yours", this new cookbook by Ms. Greenspan, "Around My French Table" has me very excited as it features  simple French dishes, sweet and savory gathered over Dorie's  many years of living in France. Classic home style recipes peppered with memorable stories and great tips to ensure success of the dish, or just to play around with substituting different ingredients for variety.

The "French Fridays with Dorie" group will cook their way through this lovely cookbook and post each week's pick on Friday. Today, the recipe is for the classic hor d'oeurve, gougeres-simply a cream puff pastry dough with grated cheese added. For my gougeres, I used sharp cheddar, but a classic French cheese  such as  Gruyere, Comte,  and Emmenthal cheese can be used as well as a smoked cheese. What's cool about the gougeres is that, although the recipe makes about 36, the gougeres can be shaped and frozen,  placed in airtight plastic bags, then pulled out as needed to bake.




If you would like to cook along with the French Fridays with Dorie, read more about the rules, etc. on the FFwD site. Around My French Table is available in many bookstores and online.

8 comments:

Beth said...

I haven't joined the group, but I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipes!

Chez Us said...

I love the photo of the gougeres with a glass of wine - very inviting! Isn't this going to be great fun, cooking our way though Dorie's new book. I cannot wait!

Pamela said...

That is a seriously stunning photo!

dorie said...

The picture of your gougeres and wine is so beautiful, I just want to reach right in and start nibbling and sipping.

Karen said...

Oh my...those cheese puffs look divine! I'll take a plate of those and that glass of wine, please! Yum.

Jayne said...

Your gougeres look perfect! Lovely job!

Jencrafted said...

Lynn, your photos are simply stunning! So alive and everything seems to jump out at you. And your gougeres look simply delicious!

Condolence Letters said...

Your online book was great..i have joined the group and hope you come up with few more recipes !!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.