Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Thirsty Thursday Cocktail-Razzmopolitan

Print Friendly and PDF

In my quest for the perfect drink for Thirsty Thursday, I sometimes have in my mind a definite drink I want to feature,  then  I buy the specific liquors or liqueurs and mixers, hopefully using something that I have on hand. But sometimes, serendipity takes over. While thumbing through one of my many cocktail books, I spied a cocktail called a "Razzmopolitan", a speciality at the Four Seasons Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. Two things hit me-my Yorkie, Raz is named Razzle Dazzle and I'll be visiting Dublin in October. My choice was made.

"Ice", the bar at the Four Seasons, (an appropriate name for a bar)  stocks an excellent selection of vodkas, including some delightful homemade infusions and has around a hundred or more recipes for cocktails, but it is the vodka concoctions that get the most praise. The Razzmopolitan's lovely red color comes from a raspberry flavored vodka and cranberry juice. Cointreau, the most elegant of orange liqueurs adds a unique orange flavor along with a dash of freshly squeezed lime juice. Fresh raspberries are the perfect garnish.

Razzmopolitan


1-1/2 measures raspberry flavored vodka, such as Stoli Razberi
1 measure Cointreau
1 measure bottled cranberry juice
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
4 raspberries
Extra raspberries, for garnish


Place vodka, Cointream, cranberry, lime juice and raspberries in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with extra raspberries. Makes 1 cocktail.






"Ice"- Four Seasons Hotel, Dublin Ireland

1 comment:

Jaime said...

The cosmo is one of my favorite drinks! this variation looks tasty :)

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.