Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tarte Fine-TWD

Print Friendly and PDF
A great time of the year for an apple tart! I would have loved to say that I got my apples from an orchard and had all the fun involved riding on a hay-filled wagon, sipping apple cider and biting into crisp, juicy apples just off the tree, so you know they are fresh, but---. It didn't happen! My apples came from the grocery store as did the puff pastry, but what an easy tart having the convenience of prepared puff pastry. One day I will try my hand at making real puff pastry. Ice cream or creme fraiche will be delicious on the warm tart.

Thanks to Leslie of lethallydelicious for her appropriate choice of the Tarte Fine. Check out her site for the recipe and some really useful tips on handling the pastry to ensure that the pastry will puff up properly when baked.


Leslie said...

What a glorious tart! I agree, it would be so great to go apple picking and make our tarts with homemade puff pastry. But, truly, the beauty of Dorie's recipe is that you don't have to do that and it's still perfectly delicious. Thanks for baking with me this week!

Lauryn said...

your photos are stunning! I thought this tart was delicious, and easy too!

Tia said...

mmmmmmmm that dollop of whipped cream - the perfect complement. great job - looks so delicate!!! I did a caramel apple cake instead - puff pastry procrastination :(

Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Liz said...

Hey, my apples were hand-picked from an orchard! No hay ride, though. :) No matter where they came from, your tart looks awesome! I always love your pics.

Jencrafted said...

I love tarte fine and yours just make me miss Paris even more. Gorgeous tart!

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.