Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesdays with Dorie-Crunchy and Custardy Nectarine Tart

Print Friendly and PDF


I adore making tarts-any flavor, sweet or savory, so I was excited when Rachel of SweetTarte chose Dorie Greenspan's Crunchy and Custardy Peach Tart. I bought both peaches and nectarines for this tart, but decided on using the nectarines which I didn't have to peel, plus I love the colors in nectarines. Lovely subtle reds with cream colored areas really appeal visually.

The almond tart crust is a perfect complement to the custardy nectarine filling with the almond streusel adding the finishing touch to a perfect dessert that can be enjoyed warm, cold or at room temperature. To gild the lily, add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream to a warmed tart.  Rachel has the recipe on her blog or you can find it in Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours". Visit the Tuesdays with Dorie blogroll for other variations of this wonderful dessert.

8 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful tart! Glad you baked this week! :)

Rachel said...

Glad you liked this one--your photo is BEAUTIFUL!

Paula said...

I KNEW you would have a fabulous picture and I am not disappointed. Absolutely the best one I've seen. This wasn't my favorite so I'm afraid I didn't spend much time on it.

Jaime said...

your tart looks lovely! and, you just reminded me that i forgot to dust mine before serving!

Mei Teng said...

A family friend gave my family a boxful of really sweet and delicious nectarines during the Chinese New Year celebrations. I fell in love with those fruits. We don't grow them over here so it's rather expensive.

natalia said...

What a wonderful tart !!!

Lucy said...

This tart looks stunning - I don't think I'd be able to stop cutting more! Beautiful photography too :)

Carolyn Jung said...

I just made a nectarine galette that was pretty fab. But wow, this custard tart looks even better. Must head to the store to buy more fruit now. What a bad influence you are! LOL

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.