Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream

Print Friendly and PDF

A ganache is made from chocolate and heavy cream and can be used for a filling, a glaze or icing. Hot cream is poured over finely chopped chocolate and stirred until smooth. Whether ganache has French or Swiss origins, no one knows, but this rich creamy concoction should be in everyone's dessert repertoire.

Katrina of  bakingwiththeboys chose the chocolate ganache ice cream for this Tuesdays with Dorie. The ice cream is custard based and the ganache is added to the custard, then chilled and frozen in an ice cream maker. After an overnight chill in my refrigerator, the mixture was so thick, I don't think it needed to be processed in an ice cream maker. Next time, I'll just skip that step.

Next week, Natalie of ovenlove has chosen Oatmeal Breakfast Bread on page 44 of Baking From My Home to Yours. Sounds yummy to me!

8 comments:

MaryMoh said...

Oh wow....chocolate heaven!!! That looks really rich and delicious. I need that with my chocolate cookies :D

Shandy said...

LOVE your picture of this rich and creamy chocolate ganache ice cream! Delicious =).

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Beautiful photo - so glad you enjoyed this one! :)

Paula said...

Oh my,my,my,my. Your picture looks like the smoothest, creamiest frozen fudge imaginable.

Mei Teng said...

Choc ganache is also used as filling for macarons.

Katrina said...

Your ice cream looks perfect!

Thanks for churning along with me this week!

Pamela said...

Another delicious looking photo!!

Amanda said...

Oh god I have to try this!!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.