Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Tarte Noire-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF
In the culinary field, "bete noire" means a rich, flourless chocolate cake. Tarte Noire means a rich, chocolate tart. With such an exotic name, there's no way I could turn down this edition of Tuesdays with Dorie. Dharmagirl of bliss-toward a delicious life had the pleasure of choosing this tantalizingly decadent chocolate tart.

A tarte that is best served the day it is assembled, but the tart crust can be made ahead as well as the chocolate ganache, so it's a snap to put it all together. In fact, I nearly didn't participate in today's TWD as I have been on two beach trips in the last two weeks and badly needed to go to exercise class. But I really liked the name of the tart, so made the crust and ganache early this morning, covered the crust, refrigerated the ganache, took my dog to be groomed and headed to the gym. Which is why I just now posting this.  Head over to Dharmagirl's blog for the recipe and check out the TWD blogroll to see a fabulous collection of Tarte Noire's!


Next week, Karen of ourcrazyblessedlife has selected Brrr-brownies on page 103 of Baking From My Home to Yours.

13 comments:

mike said...

"bete" - how neat to find out something new! I love the chocolate chunk tart - a revelation! So glad you fit this into your exercise regime- well worth it for such a beautiful tart!

AmyRuth said...

I love the simplicity of your "black" & white background, checks and dots. How appropriate. The lovely silver ware next to the silvery tart pans. You are such an artist!!! You go to the beach and the gym all in one day? Whoa! That's too much for me. I have to have some of that chocolate tart before I go to the gym. Just a sweet little incentive. Beautiful and I love your web page. Nice
AmyRuth

Sweet and Savory said...

I am glad that you made this. I love the way, yours looks. Stunning.

Romaine said...

I love, love, love your pictures this week. Especially the one on the right. Those are my favorite colors and I really like the whole look.

Tia said...

love the 2 pics, like before and after lol

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful and very tempting! I love this recipe.

Cheers,

Rosa

TeaLady said...

Lovely little tarts. Your pics are amazing.

Steve said...

Lynne,
I like that you made what appears to be a chocolate pastry crust. Why not? Tarte Noire should be all dark. Some of the other Daring Bakers, I noticed, used a more traditional pastry. Bravo to you. This is why you have a permanent spot on my blogroll! This is decadence at its ultimate and I can't wait to make it.
Steve
http://www.myfavoriteflavours.com

Madam Chow said...

Love your photos - you're inspiring me!

Mei Teng said...

Very yummy looking choc tart :)

Lynnylu said...

Mike-thanks-I need the exercise after this decadent tart.
Amy Ruth-Thanks, I've been saving those plates for something like this tart.
Romaine-I'm pleased you like my photos.
Sweet and Savory-thanks for your nice comments.
Tia-thanks-I'm happy you like the tart diptych.
Rosa-thanks so much-it's a great recipe, I agree.
TeaLady-it is a great tart-thanks for your comments.
Steve-thanks-I appreciate your kind comments.
Madam Chow-thanks
Mei Teng-the tart is really simple-thanks.

Louise said...

Found your site on tastespotting- polka dot caught my eye, love chocolate tarts- beautiful pictures.

Pam @ Kitchen Cookware said...

I am checking out all these brr brownie recipes and having a major sugar rush in my mind! I simply love your pictures and tidbits you share about the recipe. Thanks.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.