Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Leaning Tower of Brrr-ownies-TWD

Print Friendly and PDF

Afraid I would get those gaping holes in the brrr-ownies from the chopped peppermint patties, I thought I would make ice cream sandwiches using plain brownies and garnish the sides with the chopped candy. Well-"best laid plans--", you know? Somehow, my ice cream sandwiches resemble the Leaning Tower of Pisa! Glad I didn't add four more sandwiches! The jury is still out on whether this was a successful undertaking. But you know, they taste great! Thanks to Karen of ourcrazyblessedlife for her pick. You can find the recipe on her site.

When my girls were small, I made brownies quite frequently. The recipe I used came from The Wooden Spoon Dessert Cookbook. It was a one pot deal-you melted the butter and chocolate over low heat, removed the pot from the heat, added the sugar-then the eggs one at a time, vanilla, and finally, the dry ingredients.  It was a never fail recipe and I only had the pot to wash. So instead of Dorie's method of using a double boiler of sorts, I reverted back to my old ways. It worked! The secret is to not to overdo the melting process. I pull the pot off the stove when there are still some un-melted chunks of butter and chocolate. The residual heat finishes the melting process.

Next week,  Kimberly of onlycreativeopportunities serves up Lots of Ways Banana Cake. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

cindy said...

I really don't care what we make I just love your blog! It is 'eye candy' for sure. I like the 'one pan' method also!

Tia said...

me too!!! i'm with cindy - your blog rocks.

Karen said...

Love your leaning tower of brrr-ownies! :) Thanks for baking with me this week!

Nicole said...

Your photos are beautiful! I think it's a good idea to mix it up now and then. I loved that these only used one pan.

Jessica said...

I am so hungry now...these brownies look so delicious! I don't care if they were leaning (you can't tell it from the photo) they look yummy!

jessyburke88@gmail.com

Pamela said...

Oh, sweet lusciousness!

Nickki said...

I love your creativity! What a brilliant idea - love it! You have a gorgeous blog.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.