Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vanilla Pound Cake-TWD

Print Friendly and PDF

This delicious and easy pound cake loaded with heady flavor of  fresh vanilla beans traveled with me without the rum-drenched syrup to North Myrtle Beach where I'm spending the week playing on the beach with my family. I would have loved the version with the syrup, but there were little children who would be eating this cake, too. Actually, it needs no adornment, but would be lovely served grilled or toasted, topped with some grilled or fresh fruit and vanilla bean ice cream. A great pick from Wendy of Pink Stripes where you can get the recipe for this classic pound cake. For other tantalizing versions, visit the TWD blogroll.

9 comments:

Romaine said...

Grilled? Oh yes, that is a great idea. May have to make it again just to try it.

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cake looks great! Grilling a slice sounds wonderful!

Shaheen {The Purple Foodie} said...

Your pound cake looks lovely. I'd love a slice, please.

I was going through my archives and stopped my the one on Blogging by Mail where you sent me a whole bunch of goodies. It made me smile. I love everything you sent. And I still use the bottle bag everyday. I adore it. And in all this while a lot of people have asked me where I got it from.

Thanks again, for it. Best wishes and warm regards, Shaheen.

Madam Chow said...

Grilled sounds fabulous! With grilled peaches!

Tia said...

nice idea to do it grilled.

Babette said...

Grilled pound cake rocks--great for this...Hm. I didn't worry too much about feeding minors this cake...maybe I should have!

TeaLady said...

Grilled fruit. Bet that would be a great topper for this great cake. Looks delicious.

pinkstripes said...

Grilled would be awesome. Your cake looks gorgeous! Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Susan said...

Oooo, grilled?! That sounds sinful! :) Gorgeous photo and cake.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.