Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quick Classic Berry Tart

Print Friendly and PDF



Thanks to Cristine of CookingwithCristine for choosing the Quick Classic Berry Tart this week. Quick in the sense that you can make the crust and and pastry cream ahead of time, then assemble just before serving.

Only strawberries are a deal now as they are available at the berry farms around where I live.  However, I love the idea of the raspberries and blueberries, but maybe later in the summer. The tart is fabulous! It's perfectly French as Dorie suggests. More than a few years ago, we toured the Alsace region of France and I remember seeing many berry tarts just like these.

Late posting this, but as they say-"better late than never"

12 comments:

Cristine said...

I love how you arranged the strawberries... Gorgeous! Thanks for baking with me!

Mary said...

This looks beautiful, and it's just loaded with strawberries--mmm!

The Mortensens said...

Yes, your tart does look like something you'd see in a French bakery. Well done!

Camberley, The Bella Life said...

Strawberries are my favorite! I love how you've displayed them on a polka dot plate. Too cute!

Camberley

Tia said...

whoa, your fork caught my eye... is it just me or is that an 8 tined fork? I've never seen that!

Lynnylu said...

Cristine-thanks for the great pick. I will definitely make this again.
Mary-thanks.
The Mortensens-Thanks for the nice compliment.
Camberley-strawberries are my favorite, too, and easily found in the Spring here in Georgia.
Tia-it's a strawberry fork. I found it at an antique shop just recently that was going out of business.

natalia said...

I love everything ! The setting is great !

TeaLady said...

Beautiful picture of a beautiful tart. Love the big luscious strawberries.

It'll show up in my house again too - with fresh berries.

once in a blue moon... said...

oh so gorgeous, you are such an artist in all you touch!

Babette said...

Ooh, gorgeous berries...the strawberries here are great right now, too...like sugah...

Mei Teng said...

The strawberries topping the tart looked super delicious. I love berry tarts.

Romaine said...

Somehow I missed this the week we did tarts. Didn't even think about using strawberries but yours look irresistible. Always enjoy looking at your photography and analyzing it--trying to learn to do better myself.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.