Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grilled Chicken and Mango Salad with Ginger Orange Dressing

Print Friendly and PDF

A whisk, especially one that is coated with nylon, is great for whisking salad dressing in a ceramic bowl. The coating on the whisk keeps the whisk from scratching the bowl. Today's daily special on  Foodbuzz is a set of nonstick nylon coated utensils.

With my nylon whisk, I have made an orange ginger salad dressing for a grilled chicken and mango salad. Easy to make and delicious. When I'm grilling chicken for a meal, I always grill more than I need so I can have this salad for lunch the next day. Mangoes are plentiful, too. If you have a ripe avocado lying around, chop it and add to the mix.

Orange Ginger Salad Dressing

2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon honey
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk all the ingredients together. Taste to season. Refrigerate until ready to dress salad. Makes about 1 cup.

Assembling the Salad

Grilled boneless chicken breast, sliced
1 mango, diced
Salad mix
Ginger Orange dressing

Place desired amount of salad green in a bowl. Add chopped mango and sliced grilled chicken. Toss with a small amount of dressing. A little dressing goes a long way, so don't overdo.


Liza (Jersey Cook) said...

I'm so excited to make this! I have every single ingredient in my kitchen right now, including a mango that is just on the edge of being overripe and needs to be used immediately.

Also, I totally agree about coated whisks. My favorite is the one I used here:

I don't know how it's possible, but this whisk does a better job than my traditional-shaped ones. I love that it can get to stuff in the corners of pots and pans. And so much easier to clean!

Lynnylu said...

Liza-thanks for the tip on the whisk you made your delicious mayonnaise with. Glad you liked the idea of the salad. Green onions would be nice as well as something crunchy.

Mei Teng said...

I like mango cubes and grilled chicken in salads. The mango cubes add a tangy bite.

Gadget by The Blog Doctor.