Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TWD-Dulce de Leche Duos

Print Friendly and PDF
Wow! Jodie of beansylovescake picked a winner with these part crispy, part cake-like cookie sandwiches filled with creamy tantalizing dulce de leche, literally "milk candy" in Spanish. Dulce de Leche is available at many grocery stores which carry a large selection of Spanish and Mexican foods. It is easily made from scratch using sweetened condensed milk, but is time-consuming. I froze most of my cookies before filling them, but the filled cookies keep well covered at room temperature for several days making them perfect for entertaining.

Jodie has the recipe on her blog, but also check out the TWD blogroll for other variations of this perfectly delicious cookie.

12 comments:

PaperFlora2 said...

these look really good...

www.paperflora2.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperFlora
http://twitter.com/PaperFlora2

Mei Teng said...

Delicious looking! :)

Stella said...

Hi LinnyLu, these look so good! I'm sitting here at the computer starving for something a bit sweet-me want!

TeaLady said...

Great looking cookies. Good with and without the filling.

Abby said...

These TWD always kill me! I see these scrumptious goodies all over the 'Net and must. go. bake.

chocolatechic said...

Beautiful cookies.

Meg said...

Your cookies look aaahh-mazing! YUM!!

CB said...

I love how much filling you put in each cookie. I definitely think I went too skimpy on my cookies. Next time I'm piling that DDL on! Glad you enjoyed the cookies.
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com

Marthe said...

This time I had to make my own as I wasn't able to find DLL here, now I know what Dutch product I can use to subsitute it :)

Mary said...

Very nice-looking cookies with all that filling! My first batch was so soft that all the dulce de leche got absorbed. I had better luck with the sablees, but will be more generous with the filling next time--they look fantastic!

Liz said...

Yours look great! I love how they're kind of chubby--they look substantial, a perfect tea sweet. Glad you loved them!

Kate said...

These look scrumptious! I know that I will be making these in the near future...yum...yum...yum!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.