Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TWD-Honey Wheat Cookies

Print Friendly and PDF

I'm very late for this Tuesday posting of TWD, hosted by Michele of Flourchild. I usually do my baking on Monday and have ample time to post on Tuesday morning, but yesterday came and went, so tackled the cookies this afternoon. They are wonderful-not real sweet and have that healthy taste, even though there is a stick of butter in the ingredients. No matter! I used ginger honey that I have on hand and made a ginger honey tea to go with the cookies. Michele has the recipe for the honey wheat cookies on her site and the ginger tea is below. Be sure and check out all the TWD bakers to see their version of the honey wheat cookies.


Ginger Tea
Original recipe here.

4 cups water
2-inch piece of fresh ginger root
optional: honey and lemon slice

Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, add the ginger. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste.

9 comments:

Megan said...

I absolutely loved these cookies - and I'll bet the ginger honey made them that much better!

vibi said...

Wow! What can I say... I'm stunned by the amazing presentation of your cookies! Should you liked them...

I'm floored.

Susan said...

Girl, your photographs are to die for! Just gorgeous!! The cookies look great and I love the Japanese (Chinese?) tea cups!

Mei Teng said...

I like ginger in my tea and fresh juices.

Amanda said...

Glad you liked them :) I thought they were ok, but probably won't make them again.

honeymuffin said...

LOVE your photos! So fabulous.

TeaLady said...

UUMMMM!!!! Ginger tea. Perfect with these cookies.

Those cups are beautiful. Very unique.

Kayte said...

Everything looks so beautifully laid out, so inviting and elegant and wonderful. We loved these cookies, and I think I would like them even more with your variations...that all looks so special!

Liz said...

Wow, these pictures are stunning. I love the mugs, and I love the idea of ginger honey! Could you taste the ginger flavor in the cookies?

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.