Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TWD-Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars

Print Friendly and PDF
Oh, my! Are these little babies rich! Extremely decadent and luscious, so just a very small square would be plenty even for a hard core chocolate aficionado. Because I'm not one of those aforementioned, I would only make these again if I had a room full of 10 year old kids who at that age tend to demolish whatever dessert you have made. Until then, the bars will go into the freezer and one by one will be relished.

Thanks to Lillian of confectiona's realm who baked these for a huge family celebration; I'm sure her bars were devoured in no time. You can find the recipe on her site or from Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours". Also, check out the TWD blogroll for other versions of this wicked little almost candy bar.

8 comments:

chocolatechic said...

They were just so good!

I didn't add raisins though.

Isabelle said...

magnifique photo Lynne ! et mon dieu que c'était bon :)

Hornedfroggy said...

Gorgeous, Lynne - they look perfect! :)

Lillian said...

They were devoured in no time, but I could have done it all myself. Thanks for baking with me this week!

Kayte said...

Gorgeous photo of your bars, love the linens with those...you are so creative!

The Bella Life said...

Beautiful photo! I love the napkin and wooden serving ware. You're so talented.

~Camberley

Shandy said...

These bars were crazy rich, weren't they? Beautiful photo and your bars turned out great!

I am taking mine to the gym and giving them to the kids that work behind the counter. They look forward to goodies. =)

TeaLady said...

Lucky you to have some for the freezer. They didn't last long in my house.

They look great.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.