Pages

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Sablés

Print Friendly and PDF

If you only make two kinds of cookies this holiday season; one should be the Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies and the other, these Sablés. Both will guarantee rave reviews. Thanks to Barbara of BungalowBarbara for her choice for this edition of TWD. You can find the recipe on Barbara's blog.

Frustrated that I couldn't find the sparkling decorators sugar in several grocery stores, I used Turbinado sugar to grace the chilled roll of cookie dough before slicing it into rounds to bake. When I bake these again for the grandchildren at Christmas, I will use the colorful sprinkles that flood the decorating section of the grocery store. But for this baking session, I wanted the cookies to look as elegant as its name.

Until next time--

10 comments:

Sweet and Savory said...

I agree with you about these cookies and the Molasses ones that were also scrumptious.

Teanna said...

What a gorgeous set up for your photo! I wish you could teach me your ways in making a good set for food!

Erin said...

Beautiful! Your photography is amazing.

Engineer Baker said...

I actually like the turbinado sugar idea - crunch and flavor and sparkle! Your cookies look wonderful!

TeaLady said...

These are great cookies. Just right with a cup of tea. Yours do look elegant

Bungalow Barbara said...

Thank you for baking along with me this week!

So glad you liked them!

Pamela said...

You know, maybe you're right about the cookies. I usually go Cah-RAZY with cookies during the holidays. Maybe it would be better just to keep it simple. Nice idea, and beautiful cookies.

Liz said...

I agree, these are a wonderful holiday cookie! And the photos are beautiful.

Lynnylu said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your wonderful comments.

Lucy said...

These look totally addictive! Gorgeous cookies :)

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.