Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cherry-Fudge Brownie Torte

Print Friendly and PDF Photobucket

The rain played havoc with my photography today. I should have finished the cherry fudge brownie torte yesterday, but was out of town visiting my sister. Yesterday was beautiful; today is dark, dreary and pouring rain. Now that the time will be changing soon, I must begin using my lighting equipment that I bought awhile back. I threw open all the shutters, pulled out reflector boards and mirrors to get the photos for this Tuesdays with Dorie edition chosen by April of short+rose who has the recipe on her blog.
Photobucket
I halved the recipe and used 4 x 1-3/4-inch springform pans that I bought at Michaels. Not wanting to search for mascarpone, I made the faux version suggested by Rachelle of Mommy, I'm Hungry. It tastes pretty good; in fact, I could have ditched the cake and eaten the faux mascarpone! This is a great cake for guests as it can be made a day ahead. Check out the TWD blogroll to see what lovely cakes our Dorie bakers have come up with.

11 comments:

Rose said...

Oh my! That looks delicious!

Engineer Baker said...

I'm with you - when the weather starts going, chances for good photos diminish quickly! Your torte looks fabulous though!

Isabelle said...

Magnifique comme d'habitude Lynne !
tes photos sont splendides :)

The Bella Girls said...

Wow! I wasn't hungry, but after I saw this post my mouth started to water. I wondered where I could find a small spring foam pan. There is a Michael's by my house - I'll definately check it out.
~Camberley

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

The little torte looks great! Your photos are stunning.
We are in a semi in Canada and get little natural light. We end up using a desk lamp and a piece of cardboard wrapped in tin foil. One day we'll have real equipment!

Lisa said...

I would give anything for some form of natural light, but until then, I'll just ogle your amazing photos and wish..lol That said, your take on Dorie's Cherry-fudge brownie tart rocks! I could eat the whole thing in one sitting! WTG!

Amanda said...

Wow that is picture perfect, love the mini version!

lasinthekitchen said...

Your brownie torte looks so cute and sweet! I like the cherry trio adornment too! =)

Jessica said...

What an adorable dessert!

dining tables said...

The cherry on top is so beautiful! It really stood out! Yummy!

Online Bakery said...

wow. your torte looks amazing. its so tempting!Buy Cakes

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.