Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Creamiest Lime Pie-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF Photobucket
Goodbye, Pie!

Photobucket
Hello, Pudding!
That about sums it up, guys! The gremlins managed to thwart my attempts at successfully making the pie filling. But as Julia Child said, “You should never apologize at the table. People will think, ‘Yes, it’s really not so good." Actually, the not so creamy lime meringue pie was delicious as a pudding with clumps of graham cracker crust dotted throughout giving some structure to the dessert.

Yes, I'll make it again and figure out what went wrong. On the TWD comments page for the pie, there are some great suggestions of variations on the pie.

Thanks to Linda of TenderCrumb for choosing this lovely tangy lime pie(pudding). Her pie is exquisite! Check it out! The recipe is from "Baking From My Home to Yours" by Dorie Greenspan. If you don't have the book, Linda has the recipe on her blog.

13 comments:

vibi said...

I don't know if Julia said it, but I'll say it:" How could anyone even think you'd fail when something soooo pretty came out of it!" ...had you not said anything (like Julia suggests, everyone would have thought you had done it on purpose! LOL

Bravo! Amazing save!

Les gourmandises d'Isa said...

tes photos sont fantastiques Lynne !
j'ai adoré cette recette ! à refaire :)

Kim said...

This looks wonderful. I would never have known you didn't mean to make pudding. So cute.

Erin said...

Sorry you encountered problems, but it looks great. I especially love the zest on top!

Mary Ann said...

I think it probably tasted better as a pudding anyway. Looks delish- great photos!

The Whimsical Cupcake said...

well your pudding looks delish none the less!! you aren't the only one that had trouble with the cream though. good job for being thrifty! :)

Teanna said...

That Julia Child quote has never left my mind! I totally agree! That is a gorgeous pie, though, and I think you did a great job!

Linda said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the cream didn't set up. Great thinking to salvage it and presenting it as a pudding...this cream was to die for, wasn't it! I hope you'll give it a another go, as the cream was fantastic in the pie.

Thanks so much for baking along with me this week! :)

TeaLady said...

Looks just as yummy as pudding as it did as pie. Maybe better.

Amanda said...

You are so right about what Julia said! I need to remember that :) Gorgeous photos :)

SiHaN said...

well that pudding option sounds awesome as well. Well done with the photo shots.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Nothing wrong with a lime pudding pie. I know my family would yum it right up.

~Lexibule~ said...

Humm!! Comme c'est joli et appétissant:)xxx

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.