Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brioche Plum Tart-Tuesdays with Dorie

Print Friendly and PDF Photobucket

As I write this, I am happily munching on a piece of this lovely fine textured brioche topped with red and purple plums and sprinkled with sugar coated walnuts. A perfect companion to my morning cup of coffee. Thanks to Denise of chezus for choosing this easy version of the more time-consuming traditional brioche.

There's an easy way and a hard way to make most yeast breads, especially the classic brioche dough. Because this version of brioche was classified by Dorie as "skinny or poor", meaning it didn't have the luxuriance of eggs and butter, I chose the easy way-the bread machine! All the ingredients went into the bread machine at the same time and was processed on the dough cycle. Essentially, it did the work for me, including the raising or proofing of the dough.

Photobucket

Plums are plentiful and there was enough to make this easy jam to spread on the dough before placing the halved and pitted plums atop the tart.

The brioche recipe is on Denise's blog, chezus, but also visit TWD to see all the different versions of Dorie's Brioche Plum Tart

BTW, thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for my granddaughter. She's doing very well after her heart surgery. Little babies are tougher than we think.

Printer Friendly Recipe

6 comments:

Isabelle said...

magnifique tarte Lynne ! tes photos sont comme toujours splendides !
J'ai failli m'acheter le même plat à tarte chez Winners, cette fin de semaine, mais je le trouvais un peu petit, alors je vais attendre de m'en trouver un plus grand :)

Hornedfroggy said...

Yum! Your tart is beautiful! :)

vibi said...

In the perfect kitchen... under the perfect lens... how could all baking ever come out ...any other way, than perfect.

Beautiful.

Kim said...

Gorgeous pictures. It really turned out beautiful. My little sis has a bread machine and I think they are so neat. Not enough space in my cupboards for one at the moment. Some day.

TeaLady said...

Tart looks just great. And using the Bread machine - I didn't think you could for this one. Makes me definately want to try it now.

so very glad baby is doing so well.

Eliana said...

Your tart looks picture perfect. I absolutely love.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.