Pages

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Plum Tartlets

Print Friendly and PDF
Some days you just try to do everything and in the end, you totally screw up! That's what happened to me yesterday. The tartlet looked so easy that I put it off until the end of the day. Furthermore, I had bought the apples specifically for the tart, but saw in the "playing around" section that other fruits could also be used. In my CSA box this past week, I had some gorgeous
prune plums which would be perfect for the tartlet. "The best laid plans of men and mice oft go awry"-which is exactly what happened! My puff pastry didn't puff enough and the plums lost their shape. Maybe cutting the puff pastry in a 4-inch square instead of the circle was my downfall?

Jessica of mybakingheart has beautiful tartlets for you to see. Check out her blog for the recipe from "Baking From My Home to Yours" and also, the TWD blogroll to see some great photos and variations of the Parisian Apple Tartlet.

Printer Friendly Recipe

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Well they sure do look delicious! I used squares too and they worked fine. I wonder if it was the type of fruit that weighed them down? I bet they tasted great :)

Isabelle said...

peut être que ta pâte feuilletée n'était pas assez froide ? mais ça n'empêche pas que tes tartelettes ont un beau look ! avec des prunes, j'adore :)

vibi said...

HEY! Even downfalls at your place look beautiful, imagine!
Nothing you do can go wrong, really. The colours are fabulous and I'm sure they tasted great just the same!

Hornedfroggy said...

Thanks so much for baking with me this week! I love your photos - they're gorgeous!! :)

chocolatechic said...

They look fabulous.

Sorry it didn't work out so well.

lasinthekitchen said...

Your Parisian Plum Tartlets look really yummy! Those plums look nice and ripe. It looks like the plum juice got soaked into the puff pastry, maybe that's why it didn't puff as much? It doesn't matter, it looks soo delicious!

Kim said...

I still think they look pretty. Kind of like a really classy poptart. I adore the picture with all the plums.

Teanna said...

I had a tough time with mine this week as well! But your plum tart does look delicious and as long as it tasted good, that is all that matters!!!

Eliana said...

These look like a work of art. I ALMOSt wouldn't want to eat them if I had them in front of me.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.