Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ginger Honey Nectarine Ice Cream

Print Friendly and PDF "My love for ice cream emerged at an early age--and has never left!

Ginger Rogers"



Both nectarines and peaches came in my CSA box this past Friday. It was a no-brainer which one to use for the Honey Peach Ice Cream-peaches needed peeling,nectarines didn't. That out of the way, I began looking at my honey stash. To top my homemade granola and yogurt, I use a dollop of honey so I'm always looking for different flavors to use. Ginger honey from Braswell's is my newest acquisition. Topping the finished ice cream with crystallized ginger bits adds an extra jolt of ginger flavor.

Tommi of browninterior chose the Honey Peach Ice Cream from Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours" for this edition of TWD, a blog dedicated to completing every recipe in the Greenspan book. My book is dog-eared and scribbled with notes reminding me of little changes I made in the original recipe. The "playing around" section of each recipe gives options of other ingredients, but maintains the integrity of the original recipe while allowing for creativity. If you enjoy baking for your family, you'll want to add this book to your collection.

17 comments:

Teanna said...

The ginger sounds great and that ice cream looks absolutely gorgeous!

vibi said...

Perfection scooped in the perfect serving cup! Too cute!

chocolatechic said...

oooOOOooooo

Ginger honey sounds fabulous.

Kim said...

WOW. So beautiful. I adore your ice cream cone bowl. Too cute. Your pictures inspire me. Great job.

Isabelle said...

superbe présentation Lynne ! je n'avais jamais vu encore de coupe en forme de cornet :)
et j'adore ta nouvelle bannière !

TeaLady said...

uuuummmm!! that looks fantastic. Ginger honey - interrsting. I almost put some ginger in the ice cream, but no body else would have eaten it (AAAHHH!!!!)

Jean said...

Beautiful food and presentation..looks cool! Good work..

CookiePie said...

Ginger sounds like the perfect addition to that scrumptious ice cream!!

Chow and Chatter said...

great icecream and nice flavors love your blog coming over from foodie blog roll Rebecca

Trish said...

Scrumptious. And a great photo!

nicole said...

I love ginger with peaches. So refreshing.

Eliana said...

Ginger - Genius! And where did you get this great cup/bowl?

Lynnylu said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I will be commenting on your blogs soon.

Chow and Chatter said...

this looks awesome is CSA a delivery of groceries sorry I am dumb, he he now following LOL, thats great your daughter lives in winston i love it

pedatha1 said...

Dear Lynn, The icecream looks so delicious and wicked. I am sure the dish gets empty even before it reaches the table. Cheers!

pedatha1 said...

Dear Lynn, The icecream looks so delicious and wicked. I am sure the dish gets empty even before it reaches the table. Cheers!

Jennifer said...

Ginger honey sounds wonderful! I love putting honey on granola and greek yogurt. The icecream looks perfect!!

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.