Pages

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Cinnamon Squares

Print Friendly and PDF
Gosh, what an easy recipe? The cinnamon squares were in the oven in less than 20 minutes which gave me ample time to bake them before my high maintenance Yorkshire Terrier, Razzle Dazzle (see photo) woke up and began nipping at my heels to play. He loves to sleep in, but makes up for it throughout the day. Thanks to Tracey for picking not only an easy recipe, but one which has loads of flavors. What hits my taste buds first is the smooth, dark chocolate frosting, then the heady cinnamon in the cake and in the middle comes the jolt of espresso, cinnamon, and chocolate. A nice surprise!


Check out Tracey's blog to see the cinnamon squares and the cupcakes she made using the "playing around" alternative next to the recipe. If you don't have Dorie's book, you can find the recipe at Tracey's, also. However, Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours" has a wealth of baking recipes that your family and friends will love you for.

Cinnamon on Foodista

Printer Friendly Recipe

11 comments:

Teanna said...

Gorgeous photos! I loved this one too, and I TOTALLY appreciated the ease of the recipe!

vibi said...

As usual, you have the eye to make everything look so pretty and delicious.
But lets talk serious now... hum. Would you consider putting me down on your will for that spoon? LOL LOL (kidding)

chocolatechic said...

Beautiful.

My filling didn't do anything but sink.

Hornedfroggy said...

Love your photos - and I loved this cake! It was soooo delicious!! :)

Kim said...

Love your photos. So pretty.

lasinthekitchen said...

Wow, your Cinnamon Squares are beautiful! It really is a nice surprise!

Razzle Dazzle is the cutest!

Angie's Recipes said...

Classic confection....Like your photographing too.

Karen said...

Lovely cake! I was surprised how easy and tasty this was.

Reeni♥ said...

What a heavenly dessert! They look scrumptious!

Desmone007 said...

How could something looking so delicious be so easy to make?! ANd your photos are absolutely gorgeous - makes me want to make these squares today! If it's ok with you, I'd love to direct Foodista readers to your blog. Just add your choice of widget to this post and you're all set!

scotbrit said...

That looks delicious...chocolate AND cinnamon!!! YUMMY! Another great photo, Lynne.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.