Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chipster Topped Brownies

Print Friendly and PDF Photobucket

Delightfully rich and decadent, these two-layer chocolate brownies are best served to a crowd of kids with high metabolisms. Hopefully, after they tear into them, there won't be any left for you to eat! With nearly a pound of butter, plus eggs and chocolate, Dorie's Chipster Topped Brownies are not for the faint-of-heart. Cut them into the tiniest of squares, savor every bite, then go to the gym and work out for an hour. That's the only way you can justify eating these these luscious treats. My husband loved them and topped them with his favorite fat free vanilla ice cream---priorities, you know! I'm not as much of a chocolate fan as he is, but I did like the crumbs I ate.

For the top cookie layer, I used peanut butter chips, deviating a bit from all chocolate flavor of the brownies. I would increase the baking time from 55 minutes to 1 hour, but begin testing after 55 minutes so as not to over bake. The crunchy top layer added color and character to the brownies. Thanks to Beth of Supplicious for her pick this week. You can find the recipe on her blog. I'm looking forward to the picks for the month of June. Check out the tuesdayswithdorie" website, too.

10 comments:

vibi said...

Mmmm... I know some people (here, yeah right, my family actually! LOL) Who would kill for such great looking snacks!

Those are very well done, Lynn! Everything is perfect...

Teanna said...

Hahah yes, I am going to have to live at the gym after eating these! Yours look GORGEOUS! Great photo!

Hornedfroggy said...

LOVE the picture... and I loved these brownies, too! :) Ice cream makes it even better!!

chocolatechic said...

I wanted to use peanutbutter chips but I didn't have any...

Kim said...

Love the photo. I loved these. So delicious.

lasinthekitchen said...

Your brownies look really delicious, especially with the glass of milk! (Instead of a crowd of kids, I'm using my co-workers to eat my brownies because I sure don't need all that temptation around.)

Reeni said...

Brownies are one of my major downfalls, and especially with peanut butter! My favorite combo. These rock!

Engineer Baker said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I must admit, I smelled them and immediately packed them off to the boyfriend - too dangerous!

TeaLady said...

Those look great. They were too good to stay around long, so I gave most of them away.

Beautiful brownies.

Susan said...

Deadly delicious. Lovely shot, too.

Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.